- Repairing chipped concete on your garage floor
All along the bottom of my two car garage door, the concrete has chipped away showing some of the rock that makes up the concrete. I'd like to patch but I'm unsure what to do. Do I just use concrete mix? Do I have to use some sort of binding agent to ensure the new concrete binds the existing concrete?
Thanks, G Page
Dear G Page,
1. Acid wash the area with muriatic acid.
2. Wash with my Shell Busey’s Home Cleaning Formula to neutralize the area and rinse well.
3. When still damp brush on Weldbond Glue for bonding adhesive.
4. Mix Bonded Topping Mix or Sakrete Top-N-Bond to a muffin like mix and apply with cement finishing trowel.
5. Dampen on the hour for 8 hours to insure curing from the inside out. Spray from hose is OK.
It’s just that easy.
Article courtesy of: Shell Busey
|- return to the list of I-Handyman.com -|
|July 20th, 2018|