- Repairing drywall damage
I have taken off some wallpaper and border. Some of the drywall paper stuck to it. How should I fix this surface so that I can paint over it and it look normal?
1. Clean area by using 1 cup Fleecy Fabric Softener mixed with 1 quart hot water.
2. After rinsing apply 1 coat of Weldbond Wood Adhesive to damp area where the paper came off.
3. Patch with light weight spackling compound.
4. Lightly sand with 180-200 grit sandpaper.
5. Prime with Alkyd Fast Dry Primer
6. Paint with Kitchen and Bath Paint.
Itís just that easy.
Article courtesy of: Shell Busey
|- return to the list of I-Handyman.com -|
|December 10th, 2018|